The Resource Parent Training Coalition seeks to address the complex and diverse needs of children involved with DC child welfare and partner agencies. Our goal is to improve access to quality training opportunities and resources for you, the families and professionals who care for these children.
The member agencies offer many training courses -- this website will help you identify the trainings of interest from among all the trainings available:
- Training Calendar: Shows all training sessions to be conducted by Coalition members. For each training session, you can review the what, where and when, and further information about registration, licensing credit, and training objectives. Links to Google maps can aid you in locating the training sessions and obtaining directions. Links to member agency websites will provide you with further information about those agencies.
- Search: Enables you to find trainings on specific topics of interest and at locations and times that meet your needs.
- Other Resources: Lists other training resources that may be helpful.
- Agency Info: Provides a list of the public and private agencies who are members of the Coalition, with contact information and agency locations.
You will find contact and other registration information included in each training description. We recommend that foster parents also contact their own agencies to confirm the number of credit hours that will be authorized for each session they attend.
- Note: The listed trainings provided by the member agencies are aimed at the unique needs and experiences of foster and adoptive parents of District of Columbia children. However, there may be some topics that may be appropriate for all parents. The decision to allow individuals not affiliated with the agencies to attend specific sessions is up to each individual agency. Nearly all agencies require pre-registration to attend trainings. Availability may be limited to specific groups as well as number of participants. Parents who would like to attend any of the listed training must contact the relevant agency to determine eligibility, availability and the process for pre-registration.
The Coalition is grateful to the Consumer Health Foundation for support of this project.